We invite you to publish your academic studies in the Yearbook of the Institute of East-Central Europe. The text – meeting the publication requirements and matching the topic of the IESW Yearbook – should be sent via e-mail to the Editorial Assistant:
- All the texts are checked with an anti-plagiarism program and reviewed following the standards specified by the Minister of Science and Higher Education.
- The Editorial Team informs on the journal’s website about the theme of each individual issue of the IESW Yearbook and their submission deadlines in December of each preceding year.
- Along with the article, each author needs to provide the following data: name and surname of the author, degree or scientific title, place of work (chair, institute, university), address for correspondence, telephone, e-mail, ORCID.
- Submitting materials to the Editorial Team is equivalent to the author’s statement that the work has not been published anywhere else, a request for its publication is not under consideration in other journals, and the author transfers to the Publisher the right to exploit the article.
- The technical requirements for the submitted manuscripts, the review and publishing processes are described on the IESW Yearbook website.
- The volume of manuscript (with footnotes and references) cannot be less than 0.5 of the publishing sheet, so 20,000 typographical characters (with spaces), but should not exceed 1 publishing sheet, namely 40,000 characters (with spaces). The manuscript should be divided into smaller editorial units with numbered midtitles.
- Manuscripts to be published in the English issues are accepted in the English language only.
- The Editorial Team of the Yearbook does not charge for publishing the manuscripts, nor does it pay out any royalties.
- The Editorial Team confirms the receipt of the manuscript. Immediately after the in-house review, the Editorial Team informs the author on rejecting the manuscript or accepting it and forwarding for further processing.
- We also accept manuscripts other than scientific articles, in particular reviews of published scientific manuscripts.
- Authors receive one free-of-charge printed copy of the quarterly, sent to the provided address for correspondence.
- Authors are obliged to cooperate with the Editorial Team during the entire process of preparing their manuscripts for publication.
- The Editorial Team requires that all footnotes are prepared according to the template (PDF file).
- Structure of the publication:
- author’s e-mail
- author’s affiliation
- title of the article in Polish
- title of the article in English
- summary of the article in Polish (approx. 200 words, including the following: purpose of research; materials and methods; results; conclusions)
- summary of the article in English (approx. 200 words, including the following: purpose of research; materials and methods; results; conclusions)
- keywords in Polish (at least three)
- keywords in English (at least three)
- uniform numbering of particular chapters and subchapters (1, 1.1, 1.2, etc.)
- references arranged alphabetically, separately for titles written in the Cyrillic alphabet (double entry: original language version and transliteration)